Arborfield & Newland Parish Council are looking for an experienced individual to carry out general jobs, which averages at 8 hours a week, ideally some of the hours to be worked on a Monday, after the weekend use of Arborfield Park.
Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Litter picking at Arborfield Park, War Memorial, Pound Copse, old church yard at Hall Farm and alleyways around the village
- Emptying park bins (not dog mess bins)
- Sweeping/blowing/cleaning and keeping tidy the playground and equipment, including minor repairs
- Cleaning the Parish Council’s notice boards and street furniture around the village
- Ensuring the Parish owned bus shelters are kept tidy and free of litter
- Check and refill Parish Council owned salt-bins as required
- Light maintenance at the pavilion in Arborfield Park, which may include painting, repairs etc.
- Cleaning and tidying the phone kiosk, which is a book lending library
Trimming back bushes/shrubs
Must have own transport.
The Council will consider applications from individuals seeking direct employment by the Council
or from contractors who can provide the services to the Council. Contractors will be required to provide their own tools, have the relevant insurances and be able to self-manage the tasks on a weekly and monthly cycle.
All applicants will be required to provide references and show they are eligible to work in the UK.
If you would like more information please contact the Parish Clerk on 0118 976 1489 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance